Leica Camera recently introduced the Leica SL (Typ 601), its new full frame professional camera system which pairs cutting-edge mirrorless technology with speed and optical performance. The Leica SL is a new generation of Leica which promises to challenge the status quo of modern photography.
Featuring a 4.4 MP EyeRes Electronic ViewFinder (EVF) with a 0.8 magnification, the Leica SL’s autofocus is the fastest in the full-frame camera category. In addition to the new SL lenses, the Leica
SL can be used with the S, R, M, T & Cine lenses with the appropriate adaptor.
FEATURES & BENEFITS AT A GLANCE
- Largest, fastest & highest resolution EVF (4.4 MP@60FPS / X 0.8 magnification)
- Burst rate: 11 fps@ 24 MP, 1080p@120 fps, 4 k (UHD) @ 30 fps & Cine4K @ 24 fps
- Fastest AF in full frame system cameras
- 24-MP CMOS sensor: ISO 50-50,000
- Best in class image quality with all supported Leica lenses (SL, S, R, M, T & Cine)
- Fastest SD standard (UHS2) with a secondary (UHS1) back up SD card slot
- Best video quality: 4k at 30 fps (Super 35), 1080HD@120fps (FF) (10 bit via HDMI out)
- Weather sealed to protect from spray water and dust
- Shutter speed from 30 min (bulb) – 1/8,000s (mechanical)
- Ultrasonic sensor cleaning
- Latest generation of Leica Professional UI with hybrid touch operation
- Integrated WiFi and GPS module
- State of the art connectivity: Remote control, Viewer & Sharing App for iOS & Android
- Made in Germany & milled from solid blocks of aluminum
The Leica SL sells for $7450 and the Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-90mm f/2.8-4 ASPH lens is $4950. For those of you that would like to use your Leica lenses there are Leica adapters to facilitate this. The M-Adapter-T allow for using your M mount lenses. If you wish to use your R mount lenses you will need both the M-Adapter-T and the R-Adapter-M. These adapters sell for $395 each. There will be more adapters in the future.
The Leica SL App is available as a free download from the iTunes Store or the Google Play Store. The app allows the photographer to remotely make changes to the shutter speed, aperture and capture the image via tablet or smartphone.